Stainless Steel Armor
The number one thing you can do to vamp up your motor coach, our stainless steel armor, is completely customizable. Do you like the smooth look? Ribbed? How high? Would you like a design running along the top edge, or maybe your family name? Just say the word and we can do it.
Each part of our stainless steel armor is custom laser cut to fit your coach using only 18 ga mirror polished stainless steel. The parts are then formed and fitted to your coach using our proven combination of adhesives. It works so well that the OEM coach manufacturers buy straight from us.
There are two basic styles: Premier and Executive. The Premier Armor is a smooth finish product whereas the Executive is featured with ribs like you may have seen on a Prevost bus.
Why choose Summit Products for your stainless steel additions?
A few things that will make a big difference for the customer when comparing parts made by a regular sheet metal shop to professional laser cut packages from Summit Products:
- Summit Products is a factory approved supplier for companies like Fleetwood, Foretravel, Entegra, Newmar, Tiffin, and Winnebago. Summit Products has been a supplier to the major RV manufacturers across the country since 1998.
- Confidence in the adhesion system. Summit Products' stainless bonding technique has passed the 500 hour salt spray test to ensure that the stainless will remain in place for the life of the coach.
- Laser cut parts produce the perfect fit.
The image above illustrates nicely curved parts which perfectly fit the coach. Most fabrication shops will try to use a shear which can only cut straight lines and the end result is an amateur look like the installation shown below:
A few problems stand out.
- The cutout for the side marker light is the wrong size and not cut squarely.
- The top edge of the stainless overlaps the door frame instead of closely matching the existing metal.
- Several pounds of caulk was used to fill the gap between the stainless and the face of the slide out steps.
- The metal is deformed at the inside corner of the step riser.
- The thinner gauge metal has already been dented on this coach that was only a few months old at the time the photo was taken.
The Executive Armor package shown below is from Summit Products. Everything fits perfectly.
There are cheaper alternatives, but the best value is with Summit Products.